Introduce yourself please
-
Vadimivanovich
- Posts: 5
- Joined: Mon Apr 18, 2016 12:55 am
Re: Introduce yourself please
Thank you gentlemen. It's a privilege to be among friends and fellow G people.
For the record, my G was originally a 1984 280GE converted first to 617a w/4-speed manual, and then again to 606a w/5-speed iron-box manual. The barn doors were a stroke of luck, as were the jump-seats and AC. After a trip to Oregon in the sand dunes I can say that the 606a and 5-speed is a superb combination. I've been daily-driving this setup for nearly 2 years, 6 months with a Dieselmeken injection pump - perhaps the single most useful upgrade I've experienced!
My G is equipped with 35" tires, widened steel wheels, 4.9:1 axles, intercooler, Maggiolina RTT, Front-Runner roof rack, Koni RAID shocks, and many other details. Please feel free to ask about any of these modifications as there are pros and cons to everything.
Vadim
For the record, my G was originally a 1984 280GE converted first to 617a w/4-speed manual, and then again to 606a w/5-speed iron-box manual. The barn doors were a stroke of luck, as were the jump-seats and AC. After a trip to Oregon in the sand dunes I can say that the 606a and 5-speed is a superb combination. I've been daily-driving this setup for nearly 2 years, 6 months with a Dieselmeken injection pump - perhaps the single most useful upgrade I've experienced!
My G is equipped with 35" tires, widened steel wheels, 4.9:1 axles, intercooler, Maggiolina RTT, Front-Runner roof rack, Koni RAID shocks, and many other details. Please feel free to ask about any of these modifications as there are pros and cons to everything.
Vadim
- Neilo
- Posts: 859
- Joined: Mon Jul 24, 2017 6:55 pm
- Location: Dublin
- Contact:
Re: Introduce yourself please
Sounds like a nice machine, can you post some pics?Vadimivanovich wrote:Thank you gentlemen. It's a privilege to be among friends and fellow G people.
For the record, my G was originally a 1984 280GE converted first to 617a w/4-speed manual, and then again to 606a w/5-speed iron-box manual. The barn doors were a stroke of luck, as were the jump-seats and AC. After a trip to Oregon in the sand dunes I can say that the 606a and 5-speed is a superb combination. I've been daily-driving this setup for nearly 2 years, 6 months with a Dieselmeken injection pump - perhaps the single most useful upgrade I've experienced!
My G is equipped with 35" tires, widened steel wheels, 4.9:1 axles, intercooler, Maggiolina RTT, Front-Runner roof rack, Koni RAID shocks, and many other details. Please feel free to ask about any of these modifications as there are pros and cons to everything.
Vadim
I drove those Oregon sand dunes on a quad bike years ago, great fun.
-
pistonhead
- Posts: 5
- Joined: Thu Sep 27, 2018 4:06 pm
Re: Introduction
Hello G-Wageners',needamerc wrote:Once your account has been activated please consider introducing yourself and your G (or the G you would like).
See section "You and Your G".
I am not new to G-Wagens but for my time served with them I still don't own one expect for three scaled versions of them - wonder how much those are worth now?
Thank you Mike, for your invite to join this site and I am known by quite a few of you guys.
Need not say any more, less is more.
I have found this site takes little Grey Cells to easily navigate.
Hearty Regards,
- Foneman
- Site Admin
- Posts: 888
- Joined: Sat Jan 31, 2015 10:16 pm
- Location: Derry Ireland
Re: Introduce yourself please
Welcome Aboard
- needamerc
- Site Admin
- Posts: 6808
- Joined: Fri Jan 30, 2015 11:50 am
- Location: Dublin, Ireland
Re: Introduce yourself please
Welcome Rakesh. Great to see you back in circulation. Greetings from Dublin. Eddie.
- GavHelme
- Site Admin
- Posts: 14465
- Joined: Mon Feb 02, 2015 5:38 pm
- Location: North Lincolnshire
Re: Introduce yourself please
Great to see you on here Rakesh 
- Pierre repairs
- Posts: 686
- Joined: Fri Apr 15, 2016 8:35 pm
Re: Introduce yourself please
Welcome !
- axel606
- Site Admin
- Posts: 2328
- Joined: Wed Feb 04, 2015 1:03 pm
Re: Introduce yourself please
Welcome Rakesh !
Good to have you here !
Please tell us about the time you were fitting side steps on jay kay's g and he wrote a song !
Good to have you here !
Please tell us about the time you were fitting side steps on jay kay's g and he wrote a song !
- John757
- Site Admin
- Posts: 5991
- Joined: Sun Feb 08, 2015 8:16 am
- Location: UK
Re: Introduce yourself please
welcome ... 
- Spider1V
- Posts: 956
- Joined: Sun Feb 08, 2015 2:23 am
- Location: Nr Reading, England
Re: Introduce yourself please
Rakesh!!!! Nice to see you again!
Spider1V/Joe
Spider1V/Joe